Tuesday 30 July 2013

This is the way the world ends

Not with a bang but a deal.

Jack appeared on cue.

Jack: You're not finished. You still need to kill Unikeia.

Me: We're not doing that.

Jack: Why not. She's a monster?

Me: We're not going to kill her just so you can create more. The Games over.

Jack: The game isn't over until I say it's over.

He raised his Red Hand fingers poised to snap.

Jack: Unikeia or no Unikeia the game continues. I'll create the next group of monsters now.

Me: No you won't.

Jack: Why not?

Me: We won't let you.

Jack began to laugh.

Jack: Let me guess. This would be Muffy's plan... Well, you may not have noticed but Muffy is gone. Whatever plan he had has failed and likely wouldn't of worked anyway. You're not facing The Fears, The Ne Timu or even the Amalgam. You're facing me. JACK OF ALL! I am a god and you are nothing.

Me: You're right. Nathan is gone but he was never important to the plan. The focus was on him. The focus was always on him but it was just misdirection. The plan is still ready to go and god or not it will work.

Jack: Alright I'm intrigued... Tell me your little plan "Doctor."

Unikeia moved beside me.

Unikeia: That would be my cue...

Jack smiled.

Jack: Oh genius. Let me guess you think her little loyalty powers can control me. I created her she's not powerful enough to control me.

???: And that would be my cue...

Portnoy appeared out of nowhere stepping beside Unikeia and grabbing her hand.

Jack's face altered. There was anger there and then it became a serene smile. Defeated but amused.

Jack: I underestimated you, Unikeia. You found him have you?

Unikeia: Yes. This was my plan. Muffin and the others helped me but it was always my plan. They killed The Ne Timu but as long as you're still in control I'll never be sole ruler so I found him... I had them kill the others and lure you out. It's over "Creator" I've won.

Jack: Not yet!

His fingers began to move.

Unikeia: Stop.

The voice was quiet but there was a layer of authority there beyond words. Jack stood completely still and so did I. Everyone was still but Unikeia and Portnoy beside her.

Jack: Damn... you...

Unikeia: Now I suppose Dr. I should uphold my end of the deal. Tell him what you want.

The spell broke and I nodded.

Me: We want things fixed. You made this universe and it's too late to fix it so you're going to make another one. One where The Amalgam were defeated but Muffin's plan didn't succeed and The Fears still live. A universe where everything is back to normal.

Jack glared.

Unikeia: Do as you are told.

Jack winced and snapped his fingers.

Jack: It's done... However know that for you this will be a universe of suffering far greater than you have experienced so far.

Me: But it's exactly as it was before The Amalgam?

Jack: Yes.

Me: Then I don't care what happens to me there.

Unikeia: Are we done?

Me: Yes.

Unikeia smiled.

Unikeia: In that case Jack. This is your final command. You will leave this universe to me and never interfere with it again.

Jack nodded and then smiled as he disappeared.

Me: That's that then...

Unikeia: Yes it is... She turned to me. This universe and everything in it belongs to me now...

I nodded.

Unikeia: Don't worry though you and your friends will be given a position of honor in my universe. You'll be my personal slaves.

I wasn't surprised. This was the agreed upon end. A universe destroyed by The Amalgam, a Universe enslaved but now also a universe truly saved. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment