Tuesday 13 August 2013

A Memory.

Muffin found himself standing alone. He had been standing with his friends seconds ago but now no one was there with him.

No... Someone was there with him...

"I am always here." The voice had spoken and then he'd been alone but surrounded. She was all around him.

"Who are you?" he asked quietly.

"You know who I am. I am Chiliss. Last of The Ne Timu. The Ne Timu of Existence."

"Where are my friends?"

"Gone. Everything you aren't immediately interacting with is gone."

"What?! Why?"

"I made a wish on Jack... I felt like an outcast... All alone... I never wanted to be alone anymore... and now I'm not. I'm everything. I am your universe. I am you. I am your friends... Or I was... They've ceased to exist."

"I asked you why!"

"Object permanence."

"What?"

"It's the understanding that things still exist even when you aren't interacting with them... I think it's a lie... If you're not interacting with something it has no reason to exist."

"What if you want to interact with that thing again?"

"Then you shouldn't of stopped in the first place. Keep everything you want in sight at all times."

"Look I'm not interested in this. Give me back my friends. You can make them exist again, right?"

"Probably... But it would require something."

"Anything."

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

"What?"

"Your primary mission. You need to kill me."

"How can I kill the universe?"

"You can't. I can. I have a deal for you. I will either give you back you friends or I will end myself. Either way I will require something from you."

"... I don't care. The plan can't succeed either way... Give me back my friends..."

"Hmm... Not quite what I was expecting... Fine I shall return your friends. In order to do that... I shall have to invert..."

"What does that mean?"

"Currently anything you are not interacting with is gone. I shall invert it so only the things you are interacting with cease to exist. Your friends will return but you will never be able to see or interact with them or anything else again. You will be adrift in your own personal world of nonexistence."

"... But... They'll be back?"

"Yes."

"Do it."

The world began to drain away around Muffin and his senses began to diminish as everything began to cease to exist. In the last second he spoke his final words.

"It makes me happy to know... If all I interact with ceases to exist... That will include you..."

Muffin was too far gone to hear the scream of rage that issued forth.

Alone Muffin fled into the infinite darkness as his very being began to unravel...

~The Voidskipper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment