Tuesday 23 July 2013

The Litany against Fear

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

I have fond memories of Dune... Granted I never read the books... or seen the movies... Or really had any interaction with the series outside of having a father who was a huge fan of it and who used to quote the litany and constantly tell me things about the series... So I guess what I'm saying is I have fond memories of my father which I disguise as fond memories of a series I know pretty much nothing about...

Hell even that quote isn't from memory...

This is Dr. Malice btw... Nathan's relationship with his father ended with him joining The Archangel trying to kill Megan and Nathan eventually murdering him... So I'm pretty sure there are no fond memories there...

I'm rambling aren't I... The point is The Litany against Fear would be very useful right now as it appears to be running rampant.

The servants are panicking and killing each other. Unikeia has completely lost control and has been spotted at times reverting to her Unnamed Child form for an unknown reason. Whatever is causing this still hasn't arrived as far as we know and already it's tearing us apart.  That black sludge is becoming more apparent as well. Some people have black stains under their eyes or constantly have a couple of streaks of it dripping down...

A guard yesterday snapped and shot two others before he was eventually subdued and proceeded to kill himself by biting off his own tongue... Our group seems unaffected but it's hard to really tell. We stay together when possible now but Harold is often on his own somewhere, Faceless doesn't have eyes and Unikeia keeps Portnoy by her side and won't let us near him much anymore.

The only ones I'm sure of our myself, Nathan and Megan...

Actually Harold's behaviour is pretty strange... Why is he by himself so often? 

No comments:

Post a Comment